The approaching winter means not only the coming New Year and weekends. Do not forget about the main companion of winter – frost. Frozen headphones, icy noodles and ice-covered cars – here is an incomplete list of what can surprise people in winter.
1. “Me and my son”
2. “Noodles of a Fairbanks, Alaska resident freezing mid-air due to the cold temperatures”
3. “Well it is too cold to play basketball…”
4. “Usually my dog likes to chill on the porch”
This is the path he made this morning after he realized how cold and snowy it was.
5. “You know its cold when…”
6. “Diavik Diamond Mine in northern Canada”
7. “It’s cold this morning so my coworker showed up in this”
8. “Sheets if ice that were coming off the brick exterior of our house after some freezing rain”
9. “This is what -26 below looks like in a room above a garage with an outside wall”
10. “To prevent the wipers from freezing”
11. “It was cold so I gave my dog my jacket”
12. “After two days of freezing rain, this mold came out”
13. “This bottle of wine that was left on my freezing porch”
14. “Frozen bubbles!”
15. “You will not listen to music. -36”
16. “The time I understood I don’t want to go outside. Siberia, -40”
17. “This little bird was so cold he became desperate, and would not leave no matter how much I moved”
I needed to get to class but I felt that I couldn’t leave him outside. I carefully walked into my garage (bird still clinging to foot) and arranged one of those seasonal decorative flags into a nest for him. Then I removed my foot from the shoe and plopped him in the soft makeshift nest. I had to shake the shoe a bit but he didn’t mind, I closed the garage door and left. A housemate reported that he was rested enough to fly out when she opened the garage a few hours later.