Kangaroos and koala bears at every corner, constant heat, the Sydney Opera House seen from every window, huge insects constantly trying to kill people — those are the main stereotypes about life in Australia. This country is really different from others and that is the greatest pleasure of it. Just look at the photographs from there and you will feel like visiting another planet!
1. My mate sharing a moment with a wild Kookaburra in Springbrook, Australia
2. This sea anemone in Australia looks like an alien
3. I see these winter posts and all i can think is, ‘meanwhile in Australia…’
4. The rock lobsters get big in Australia
5. I never imagined this would actually happen when I moved to Australia…
6. It’s so bloody hot here in Australia at the moment, and I wondered why birds weren’t using our bird bath
7. Got home from work to find this Tarantula Hawk wasp carting off a huntsman spider (Sydney, Australia)
8. The golden possum is the “Pikachu” of Australia
9. Finally, something in Australia that doesn’t want to kill me. Banana for scale
10. This tram in Australia has a place to hold your surfboard while travelling to/from the beach
11. This is how much food you can get for the cost of a pack of cigarettes in Australia
12. This is the Green birdflower native to Australia and its flowers are shaped like humming birds
13. Camping in Australia
14. Last years trip to Australia, love from Belgium!
15. The most perfect Koala
I will never get over living in a country where you can just stumble across this on a walk ten minutes from the city.