When nature created trees, plants and animals, it clearly did not scrimp on diversity, creating things of all size and weight categories. The same is true for people who have invented objects that impress us with their size or smallness. And it’s a pleasure to look at all this huge variety of natural and man-made things!
1. “Harpy eagle”
2. “World smallest camera by OmniVision”
3. “My smallest hex key in relation to my largest”
4. “A mammoth tusk just found in the Arctic”
5. “My friend showed me his tiny violin”
6. “The size of this California Condor”
7. “Worlds largest dragline bucket. Moved 650,000 lbs per scoop. (Dog for scale)”
8. “This is a Motley Golden Child Reticulated Python”
9. “My wife and I in Humboldt County near Orick”
These are coast redwoods, scientific name Sequoia sempervirens.
10. “Huge Attacus Atlas”
11. “This Is What A Huge Rhododendron Tree Looks Like”
12. “Stunning human encounter with a curious whale shark off the big island, Hawaii”
13. “The Virgin Islands dwarf sphaero is a species of gecko has only been found on three of the British Virgin Islands”
On average, it measures 18 mm (0.71 in) from its snout to its vent, and is nearly as small as a U.S. dime.