Not all people are ready to splash in the water day and night – there are also those who shiver from the thought of bathing somewhere except the pool and their own bath. Thalassophobia causes people to have different degrees of fear of the sea and depth – someone can only swim where their feet touch the bottom, and someone can’t even look at pictures of the depths. Such people can be understood, especially if you look at these pictures of the water spaces.
1. The underside of an iceberg
2. The dark blue depths
3. Underwater river in Cenote Angelita, México
4. The bow of this sunken ship looks like an enormous fish
5. Photo from the oil rig
6. Great White Shark
7. Touching North America and Europe at the same time
8. The reef dropped off into this abyssal green nothingness
9. Hanging on by fingertips
10. Something about oil rig supports really gets me
11. Creek was 50 cm deep and then there was this hole
13. USS Olympia. This photo makes me really uncomfortable
14. Looking back this photo creeps me out
We spoke to a woman who lived nearby that told us there is a huge hole in the lake no one knows how far it goes down because no one has reached the floor.