Actors often have to play love, and sometimes they continue it in real life. Often, this is how star families are born.
Let us show you 12 times when the relationship between actors and actresses started on set. The list includes both active couples and those who have already separated.
For the selection, there are two important points: the actors started an affair during/after the filming (those who have already acted as a couple in the same film do not count), and their characters did not just have to cross over in the frame, but were in love (however, their relationship does not necessarily end in a happy ending).
1. Tom Hanks & Rita Wilson
Couple in «Volunteers» (1985).
2. Kit Harington & Rose Leslie
Couple in «Game of Thrones» (2011-2019).
3. Brad Pitt & Angelina Jolie
Couple in «Mr. & Mrs. Smith» (2005).
Now: divorced in 2016.
4. Rami Malek & Lucy Boynton
Couple in «Bohemian Rhapsody» (2018).
5. Ryan Reynolds & Blake Lively
Couple in «Green Lantern» (2011).
6. Channing Tatum & Jenna Dewan
Couple in «Step Up» (2006).
Now: divorced in 2018.
7. Miley Cyrus & Liam Hemsworth
Couple in «The Last Song» (2010).
Now: divorced in 2020.
8. Ryan Gosling & Eva Mendes
Couple in «The Place Beyond the Pines» (2012).
9. Javier Bardem & Penelope Cruz
Couple in «Vicky Cristina Barcelona» (2008).
10. Heath Ledger & Michelle Williams
Couple in «Brokeback Mountain» (2005).
Now: broke up in 2007.
11. Daniel Craig & Rachel Weisz
Couple in «Dream House» (2011).
12. Nicole Kidman & Tom Cruise
Couple in «Days of Thunder» (1990).
Now: divorced in 2001.