It’s an absolutely typical story when actors have to start their careers by playing in little-known movies and TV series before getting famous.
However, a whole different case is when it turns out that a worldwide famous actor or actress has appeared in a big hit on screens at some point in the past, but nobody recognizes them because back then they were very young (or even still in their childhood) and nameless.
Everybody knows the project, everybody knows the actor, but they don’t associate with each other at all. Exactly such examples we’re going to remember right now!
1. Amy Adams appeared in Catch Me If You Can (2002)
Before that Amy had already played small roles in such TV series as Charmed, Buffy the Vampire Slayer and Smallville.
The shot on the right shows Amy in Arrival (2016).
2. Ryan Reynolds played in The X-Files
Season 3, the episode titled “Syzygy”, 1996.
The photo on the right shows Ryan starring in Deadpool (2016).
3. David Duchovny appeared in Twin Peaks TV Series (1990-1991)
David played the transgender ATF agent Denise Bryson. Two years before The X-Files.
The picture on the right shows David in The X-Files (1993-2018).
4. Carrie-Anne Moss appeared in Baywatch TV series
Season 4, the episode “Mirror, mirror”, 1994.
The photo on the right depicts Carrie-Anne Moss starring in The Matrix (1999).
5. Christoph Waltz played in Inspector Rex TV series
Season 3, the episode “The Doll Murderer”, 1996.
In the picture on the right you can see Christoph starring in Inglourious Basterds (2009).
6. Johnny Depp appeared in A Nightmare On Elm Street (1984)
That was Depp’s debut role on screens.
The shot on the right shows the actor starring in Edward Scissorhands (1990).
7. Tom Felton appeared in Anna and the King (1999)
The main role in Anna and the King was played by Jodie Foster.
The photo on the right shows Felton in Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone (2001).
8. Elijah Wood appeared in Back to the Future, Part II (1989)
That was Wood’s first appearance in a movie.
The picture on the right shows the actor in the Lord of the Rings trilogy (2001-2003).
9. Tom Hardy played in Black Hawk Down (2001)
It was Hardy’s very first film role.
The photo on the right depicts Tom Hardy in Nronson (2008).
10. Steve Carell played a small role in Curly Sue (1991)
It was Carell’s film debut. His character doesn’t pronounce a single word through the role.
The photo on the right shows Steve Carell in The Office (2005-2013).